Friday, March 26, 2010

Our Children


It's Friday already and I've only blogged one day this week. It's hard to come up with something for EVERY day, but I did want to share about my children today. I'll start with my daughter who is thirteen. Earlier this week she surprised me with a show of compassion that I sometimes forget she has. She carried my friends youngest daughter back to her home after she had been hit in the arm with a softball. Kim, I know you'll read this and I'm aware that Sav is not ALWAYS this caring and sweet, but I think she really feels for the injured or underdog and it really touched me that she "took care of" your little one, even stopping to pick a flower for her and waiting on her while you fixed her boo boo. Since I'm on Sav, I'll also share that she finished what could possibly be my favorite painting so far that she has done. In fact, I like it so much, I'm framing it and putting it in the living room. I think the orange colors in it will play off nicely with the light turquoise walls.
Matthew surprised as well on Wednesday after returning from getting his hair cut. Sav and I were walking through the neighborhood and he stopped so I could get a look at his new "do". I noticed a bag on the front seat from a local grocery and he said "I picked up some milk". At which point I believe I heard angels singing?! My son had stopped and bought MILK....with his OWN money.....and doesn't want me to pay him back! Ok, maybe this isn't as important to some of you as it is to me. For those of you who know me well, milk is REALLY big in my life. I can remember getting into a HUGE fight with my mom and sister over milk. I can't start a day well without cold cereal and milk. Yes, I like having coffee, too, but if I wake up and find out that someone drank the last of the milk and didn't leave any for me to have cereal in the morning....well, let's just say I won't be the only one having a bad day.
Seriously, though, compassion is something we try to instill in our children and I think both of them did a fine job of showing it this week. Sav to a younger friend and Matthew to his mother. I'm so looking forward to seeing them grow up! Have a GREAT day and I pray someone shows YOU compassion in the near future.

1 comment:

tayjosmom said...

Adrian, your children really are both so compassionate. They are a reflection of you.

And...I am SO impressed with Sav's picture! She is such an artist. It's in the genes. Tell her I love it!