Wednesday, February 3, 2010

EMS

Flashing red lights are generally NOT a good thing. I don't know what happened across the street, but it was enough for 3 firetrucks, an ambulance and some other emergency vehicle. I hope everyone is o.k.

Back to my knitted socks. I used a Lion Brand pattern and Wool-Ease yarn for the socks. I always try to use less expensive materials for my prototypes. Once I know I like a pattern or technique, I'll invest in much finer materials. The Wool-Ease is O.K., a little scratchy and the pattern wasn't quite right. Overall, these socks make me think of lighthouses, fishing nets, lobster crates and barnicles. Very New England"y". Utilitarian. Maybe, I'll try a finer gauge and some cashmere next.

Although these were my first SOCKS, they were not my first knitted item. Coming soon, I'll show you the lovely sweater knit in dark charcoal Caron Country, (again, not an expensive yarn)......

No comments: