Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Past


So tomorrow I turn 42. I'm really excited about this. Am I the only person who gets excited about getting older? I'm thankful that the Lord blessed me with another year to live; to hang out with and enjoy all the people I love and to meet some new ones, too. He's also helped me accomplish things this last year that I thought I'd never do, though I always wanted to. I sang a solo in front of alot of people and didn't pass out! I began run/walking with Kim routinely and haven't passed out yet,(I think I'm afraid of passing out) and I started this wonderful blog. Had the thrill of catching some beautiful bass in the spring, (if you don't fish, you won't understand). My daughter and I have kept her A1C level below 7. She has Type I diabetes and this is a huge deal. Congratulated her when she caught her first rainbow trout. Helped teach my son to drive and celebrated when he got his license. Helped (and I use this term loosely here) my husband lay flooring for the living room and bedroom and plant a bountiful garden (that's pictured above). Enjoyed fixing 36 meals for shut-ins once a month. Oh, knitted my FIRST sweater AND wore it to church!


It's been a GREAT year! Thank you, Lord.

No comments: